Sunday, November 4, 2007

Just finished our Annual Santa Limited Edition Sessions!

Wow, what a whirlwind, we did 19 sessions over 3 days. Angie & I are fried and sore but happy that these sessions came out so beautifully! This is truly one of our favorite times of year, it is SO fun to watch the kids with Santa and sometimes its just as fun watching the parents with him! Next year I swear we are going to add video to the sessions because some of the things these little guys say just have to be captured. The funniest part was watching them come in so excited an energetic, but when the big guy entered the room, you could just feel them go into a "awed" state. We had several kiddos this year who "grew up" over the past year to be big enough to sit with him for the first time! Wow, that was such a treat to see and just brings tears to your eyes. And some were afraid for the first time, but those can be fun memories as well and great images to show them when they are all grown up. I will post images soon of everything but I wanted to share with you and email a mom sent to me after her session:

"Everything looked beautiful and as usual I can not wait to get the pictures back to see the great shots that you got!! I love your Santa! He is great with the kids! Aiden has been talking about him all day long!
Thanks again for being such a great friend and such a wonderful photographer of the most important things and the most important people to me – my memories and my boys!!
You are truly terrific and so very talented!"


A BIG thank you to everyone who made this weekend possible. Santa, of course, who is amazing with our kiddos and with us! Anyone who would dress up in a giant fur outfit when its 85 degrees outside and smile the whole time is aces in my book. This is our 8th year together and we have these sessions down to a science now! Angie who of course, who always gives 150% during the sessions and works as hard as I do to get the smiles (and keep the trees from getting pulled over on them and us!). Cory who holds down the forte while we are locked in the camera room, makes sure we have food & coffee at hand (even with a sprained ankle this year!). Thank you to the families who came in again this year and trusted us with their holiday portraits. We so love seeing you all and spending time with your beautiful children. I always feel so honored to be a part of your holiday memories and sometimes even traditions.

And lastly, I have to thank Alison Cary of Alison Cary Designs (http://www.alisoncarydesign.com/) who created our beautiful "Christmas Whimsy" themed set. Her beautiful attention to detail, amazing talent at putting it all together, and patience in working with me and my neurotic indecision at this time of the year, came together to create one of the most beautiful sets we have done for Christmas. Alison specializes in holiday decor (as well as home decor) and I would recommend her to anyone who needs help with putting it all together for the holidays (or anytime really). Alison has helped us in the past re-arrange several rooms in the studio (sometimes without us even asking :) he hee) and has been a huge support to me. Thanks Alison for making this years sets such a success!

No comments: