Friday, September 28, 2012

Saying Goodbye~



Dear clients, friends, family, & colleagues...I have a very big announcement that is breaking my heart to make. After 13 years in business we have decided to close down my studio. Quite honestly the busines of this industry has become way too inconsistent over the past several years and we just can't continue to ride this roller coaster; It's time to give my family, and myself, some stability and stress relief. Sometimes the hardest and strongest thing to do IS walk away and thats what I am having to do now. This business has given me so much and I have done so much more than I ever dreamed I could and for that, I am greatful.

To my clients...ugh, the tears flow when I think of not watching your littles continue to grow up. I cherish the moments I spent with you and the honor of protecting those memories for you. Thank you all for your business, support and love over the years. I am truly heartbroken right now to make this decision but I know its for the best for my family. I thank you for your business and letting me pursue a dream that has been mine since I was 10 years old. I don't regret any of it, I am just sad to close this door.
I will be posting more information on my Blog over the next few days about dates, Santa info & specials I'll be running for puchasing previous sessions and files and sample prints so keep an eye out. I will have some availability for sessions so contact me if you need anything and if you want to come in soon to get a quick session, email me asap at sppjen@aol.com. I am referring anyone that I can not photograph to Tracey Taylor of Taylor Made Photography. Tracey has a residential studio in Pflugerville and is one of my closest friends. I know she will take care of you and give you the same attention & quality that I would.

Colleagues, I wish you the best of luck in this industry. I know some have found ways to survive or thrive and I am truly happy for you. For those who continue to struggle and try to keep going, you are in my prayers. I think so much has changed in this industry and I am very happy that I was in this field during its "Golden" time. I hold no ill will towards any group, in the end we make our own decisions and we have to be who we are and do what makes us happy. The only thing I would ask to remember is to give your clients the quality that they deserve, you do this for them, not you. Its their memories you preserve and you should feel honored to have people trust you to do that. Good luck~

To the amazing friends I have made in this industry, I will continue to cherish you & love you more than I can say. You have inspired me, made me grow and reach, and supported me. I hope to still see you around, maybe I'll crash some conferences :)

To the vendors who have supported me & helped me...thank you. I hope that you will survive in this crazy industry! My lab, BWC has been my lifeline over the years. Lou George, the owner of BWC, my friend you have helped me and supported me more than I can ever say. I love you dearly and you will forever have my gratitude.

And most importantly to my family.... Thank you to my husband, Justin Turner for supporting this crazy ride for the past 13+ years, it's because of you that I can say I lived my dream and that I was able to do any of this. My children Dan Turner, Josh Turner & Cassidy Turner who have been amazing and never made me feel bad for missing things because of work, you've always been the most important things in my life and I thank you for always understanding that. To my mom, Cory Pollard, who not only supported and encouraged me, but rode this ride for many years with me, I couldn't have kept going without you. To Jon & Gayla that have helped me set up several studios, painted, decorated and were my cheerleaders. I love you all more than I can say and I thank you for taking this journey with me.

 So that's it for now. Right now I am working on taking a massive inventory of what I have, a task that has me in tears one minute and laughing the next at "what was I thinking with that". I will be selling off 15 years worth of props/costume/clothing and equipment. I am working on a list, if anyone is interested in something specific you know I have contact me asap. I'll be posting links to everything else soon as well as a "Sell Day" for anything left over.



Thank you all~

Jen
Jen Turner, Photog. Cr.

No comments: